Lunes, Hunyo 6, 2011

Jane-Emily addiction!

 The last week of my summer was thrilled by this AWESOME book. I know I love a book whenever I can't get my self off it--and that is just what happened with me as soon as I held this one. I was all cocky whenever I have to do something else--that includes household chores.

Unlike some books I've read, I didn't find the beginning of Jane-Emily BORING! It actually fascinated me instantly plus the season is summer so I can relate to the story very much!

Here is the first few lines of the story.


"There are times when the midsummer sun strikes cold, and when the leaping flames of a hearth fire give no heat. Times when the chill within us comes not from fears we know, but from fears unknown-and forever unknowable."


What else . . . hmm... oh there, I love Jane and Louisa! I can see a great deal of similarity between me and Louisa so I like her. I have a little girl cousin named Jane and we are best buds, so whenever the book mentions Jane, I picture my cousin doing what's written in the book. And I think it's close to reality! LOL! XD


The setting is perfect too. The mansion in the midst of the garden looks majestic and so Gothic! haha!

 In the end, I realized, I don't hate Emily, I'm actually scared of her! hahaha! I'm scared of what she ( a clever little selfish girl) could do! LOL!


 




















Emily was a selfish, willful, hateful child who died before her thirteenth birthday. But that was a long time ago.

Jane is nine years old and an orphan when she and her young Aunt Louisa come to spend the summer at Jane’s grandmother’s house, a large, mysterious mansion in Massachusetts. Then one day . . . Jane stares into a reflecting ball in the garden—and the face that looks back at her is not her own.

Many years earlier, a child of rage and malevolence lived in this place. And she never left. Now Emily has dark plans for little Jane—a blood-chilling purpose that Louisa, just a girl herself, must battle with all her heart, soul, and spirit . . . or she will lose her innocent, helpless niece forever.


























MEET THE AUTHOR:
Patricia Clapp was born in Boston and attended the Columbia University School of Journalism. Her first novel, Constance: A Story of Early Plymouth, was a runner-up for the 1969 National Book Award for Children's Literature. Her other books include, I'm Deborah Sampson, King of the Dollhouse, Dr. Elizabeth, and Jane-Emily. She describes herself as primarily "a theatre person"; she has worked with her community theatre for over forty years and still writes and directs plays for children. The grandmother of ten and great-grandmother of one, Ms. Clapp lives in Upper Montclair, New Jersey. 




Oh please don't think I'm over reacting. Just read it and let's see what you can say... but of course there, there, I highly recommend this! hahaha!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento